Chiropractic care offers the benefit of better health and well-being in children. Spinal stress and trauma can occur at birth, affecting the infant’s spine and the developing nerve system. It can lead to various health complaints such as: colic, reflux, sleep disturbances, allergic reactions and chronic infections. Therefore, it is essential for parents to have their new-born’s spine checked right after birth.
The physical development process in children such as learning to hold the head erect, sitting upright, crawling, and walking can affect spinal alignment. In addition, children also experience physical stress from other activities such as falls, sports injuries and playground bumps which create stress on the spine and nervous system. Seeing a chiropractor regularly can avoid spinal problems in children as they grow.
Chiropractic care is safe and effective for children. The chiropractor will examine the child’s spine to evaluate. Chiropractic skill locates specific spinal areas which need gentle adjustments that are appropriate for an infant and child’s spine and cranium.
Benefits of chiropractic care for children
Chiropractic adjustments treat and prevent a wide range of health problems in children. There are many benefits to chiropractic care for children, including the following:
- Alternative to prescription drugs:Chiropractic treatment is an alternative to prescription drugs. It provides a safe, effective and healthy way of treating health issues related to children.
- Colic relief: Chiropractic care can relieve colic in children.
- Relief from sleep disturbance: Sleep disturbance in infants is associated with spinal misalignments. Chiropractic treatments can help to alleviate the issue.
- Deals with bed wetting: Misalignment in the lower spine can lead to bed wetting. A chiropractor can treat bed wetting by alleviating pressure from nerves that run to the urinary system.
- Treats Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Chiropractic care can treat Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children. A chiropractor may perform spinal adjustments to stimulate parts of the brain that may be functioning inadequately.
Other benefits of chiropractic care in children include: improved immunity, injury prevention, relief from breathing problems and allergies, improved posture and increased concentration.
Contact Integrated Medical Care (IMC)
At Integrated Medical Care (IMC), our expert chiropractors use advanced chiropractic techniques to alleviate your child’s pain and help them lead a quality and healthy life. Call us 845-535-9884 for a consultation with our chiropractic care specialists. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.