OMT (Osteopathic manipulation treatment) can treat a wide variety of medical conditions. Some examples are listed below:
- General treatment-Decrease muscle spasms or cramping, improve joint flexibility, improve blood circulation, easier recovery from pregnancy, trauma or surgery, etc.
- Musculoskeletal or Orthopedic Problems-Joint pain, sports injuries, fibromyalgia, frozen shoulder, scoliosis, herniated disc or sciatica, torticollis, etc.
- Respiratory Problems-Asthma, allergies, sinus problems, etc.
- Obstetric and gynecologic problems-Painful periods, pelvic pain, groin pain, joint pain, pain of pregnancy, heartburn in pregnancy, morning sickness in pregnancy, etc.
- Rheumatologic Problems-Fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc.
- Neurological Problems-Herniated discs/sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines/headaches, Parkinson’s disease, tinnitus, vertigo, etc.
- Digestive problems-Chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea -GERD (acid reflux disease), IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), etc.
- Problems in infants and children-Allergies, colic, feeding problems, sleeping problems, constipation, learning problems, walking problems, sensory integration problems, plagiocephaly, scoliosis, torticollis, down’s syndrome, chronic ear infections, etc.