Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of alternative medicine. It is the practice of inserting needles into specific points on the body to stimulate certain nerve endings in the body. Acupuncture blocks pain signals by stimulating natural chemicals in the body called endorphins. The treatment is also believed to correct body energy imbalance. Acupuncture offers a less invasive, drug-free treatment for a wide variety of health conditions. It can also ease stress and pain linked to certain conditions. Here are some health benefits of acupuncture:
- Relief from stress and anxiety: Acupuncture can lower stress hormones. It helps to moderate one’s mood and improve overall feelings of happiness.
- Relief from pain and tension: Acupuncture treatment provides a drug-free pain relief from back pain, neck tension and joint pain in the hands and arms. It also reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Treats headaches and migraines: For thousands of years, this treatment has been used to treat headaches and migraines. Acupuncture treats headaches and migraines effectively with lasting effects.
- Reduces eye strain: Acupuncture relieves eye strain connected to neck tension. It can also treat a variety of eye ailments, including myopia (short-sightedness), hypermetropia (long sightedness), cataract, glaucoma, presbyopia, astigmatism, amblyopia (lazy eye), diplopia, color blindness, and night blindness.
- Improves the immune system: Acupuncture boosts the body’s immune system by fighting off pathogens (a bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease). The treatment can also reduce the duration of a cold and reduce adverse symptoms.
- Enhances mental clarity and increases energy: Acupuncture patients experience enhanced mental clarity and a surge of increased energy.
- Improved sleep: Acupuncture provides the benefit of improved sleep and is also used as a treatment for sleep disorders like insomnia.
- Relief from digestive conditions: Digestive health is linked to the body’s overall health. Acupuncture treatment improves overall wellness and regulates the digestive system effectively.
- Relief from allergy: Acupuncture can prevent allergies and reduce its symptoms. It is important to strengthen the body with acupuncture treatment before allergy season begins. The treatment can be used in place of or in conjunction with antihistamines (drugs used in the treatment of allergies).
- Reduces repetitive strain injuries: Repetitive strain injuries are the most common job related injuries. Acupuncture provides effective treatment for those injuries, eliminating the necessity for drugs or surgery.
- Reduced cigarette craving: Acupuncture can aid in quitting or reducing smoking habits. It reduces cigarette cravings and lessens irritability. In addition, acupuncture treatment restores lung tissue and detoxifies the body from the effects of smoking.
Other health benefits of acupuncture include relief from chronic pain, arthritis, depression, nausea, postoperative pain, obesity, fatigue, pneumonia, asthma, menopause, dizziness, dental pain, tonsillitis, morning sickness, gingivitis, infertility and many more.
Contact Integrated Medical Care (IMC)
Acupuncture therapists at Integrated Medical Care (IMC) can stimulate the body’s healing process naturally without side effects. We will help you recover from ailments without medications or surgeries.