It is estimated almost one third of the world’s population faces one kind of pain or another. Pain management is an interdisciplinary approach to reduce pain and improve quality of life for people living in pain.
Pain management is important for people who live with chronic pain. There are various techniques to help manage pain:
- Relaxation is a widely used pain management technique. The patient is kept in a relaxed and friendly environment. Progressive
- muscular relaxation (PMR) and deep breathing are often used for relaxation.
- Stress management and heat and cold treatment are used to reduce pain.
- Exercise plays an important role in reducing pain after surgery.
- Massage therapy helps muscles relax around the place of surgery, and reduce the chances of inflammation.
- Psychological pain management is another technique used to reduce pain. Psychologists provide patient counseling.
Contact Our Pain Management Doctor in Pomona, NY in the town of Rockland
Doctors at Integrated Medical Care offer holistic, traditional and modern treatments. They give you the personalized care you deserve. For an appointment with our pain management doctor in Pomona, NY contact us at 845-535-9884 or email at email@example.com.