Pain management is a branch of medicine employing an interdisciplinary approach for easing suffering and improving quality of life of those living with pain.This service is usually provided by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and pharmacists who are board certified in pain management.
Different types of pain management services provided by Integrated Medical Care are:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): This drug acts on substances in the body that can cause inflammation, pain and fever.
- Corticosteroids: Often administered as an injection at the site of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Acetaminophen: Increases the body’s pain threshold, but little effect on inflammation.
- Opioid: Also known as narcotic analgesics; modify pain messages in the brain.
- Anticonvulsant: Relieves the pain of neuropathy, possibly by stabilizing nerve cells.
Pain management has different approaches:
- Physical approach
- Psychological approached
- Interventional procedures
Pain Management Service, IMC
If you or your loved one is suffering pain, then try our multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach to pain and live a “pain free life”. Please contact IMC today.
We understand your pain and do everything to help you. We also provide physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic care, osteopathic manipulation, and acupuncture. You can call us at 845-535-9884 or fax 845-358-4418. You can also email us at <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com.
We also provide services in Spring Valley and Nanuet.