Chiropractic care is a form of alternative medicine dealing with diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine. A misaligned spine puts pressure on nerves along the spine. This pressure interjects nerve signals to the body, which causes a variety of pain. Chiropractic care can ease these pains by the manipulation of the spine.
Pros of Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic medicine is cost-effective and affordable.
- The side effects don’t remain for long, this discomfort typically resolves within one or two days.
- Chiropractic care has been deemed an effective treatment for spinal pain, and has been proven to reduce pain.
- It is a treatment that works for many people.
- The American Chiropractic Association updated its policy regarding spinal manipulation in 2003. That policy notes that the procedure has a good track record with a high percentage of successful treatment results.
Cons of Chiropractic Care
- The National Multiple Sclerosis Society does point out that the side effects of chiropractic care can include sore muscles, fatigue, and headaches.
- Not every health insurance plan offers coverage for chiropractic care.
- It is not recommended for children.
- This treatment requires frequent trips to the doctor’s office which may be inconvenient, especially for those dealing with acute pain or other disabilities.
- People with certain medical conditions, such as acute gout, bone cancer, excessive osteoporosis or existing bone or joint fractures may not be suitable candidates for this treatment.
- The American Chiropractic Association, in its policy regarding spinal manipulation in 2003 also mentioned it is only safe when performed by highly trained chiropractors.
Chiropractic Care throughout Rockland in Spring Valley, New City, and Nanuet in NY
At Integrated Medical Care (IMC), our chiropractic specialists use advanced techniques to alleviate your pain and help you lead a healthy life. We walk you through the process of the treatment. Call 845-535-9884 for a consultation with our NY chiropractic specialists.